Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Post Script


It isn’t as easy as it appears, to add an extra topping to an already ‘a’ masterpiece. If Tejaswi isn’t continuing to read; no doubt, he’s on his way to bash me up for adulteration!

Many times; I did request people to allow me one chance to be a ‘hero’; oh well, I used to ask them to drown, or if they can; atleast pretend to. Everybody would laugh over and I would join them. It never happened.
Besides the beauty of Jog; subtle water slipping down gigantic rocks; like amorphous snow dispersing into the thick air; carrying along the lustrous colors of the rainbow, more magnificent than the finest sparkle of laser created on the screens of water at the Songs Of Sea, Santosa Islands, Singapore and the 15083 steps we took on the back trek minus 198, if shortcuts taken [I remember; believe it or not, because the return seemed more tiring]; I felt something which not in a million years I can forget. I wondered, why, even though I never repeated my stale joke during our long journey, he was ‘inhaling water’!
Its hard to picture; anyone; in fish; sprouting from nowhere; yell help and gulp help. I couldn’t think of anything; doubtless there wasn’t anything to think. I jumped. I almost reached than I realized I was drowning too. I must admit; he was quite heavy for me and the water was ultra cold, just shy of freezing. I wanted to call for help; but thought it would seem ridiculous . . .
Moments later; as I was sitting beside him staring into his tired eyes through my tired ones. I saw things were different; things inexpressible, best told as a strange experience. It didn’t seem heroic to me. I will never want it to happen again.
Besides watching the cunning water at the origin seemingly so calm about its existence; like a lion for its prey; fiercely stabbing the air and carving rocks as it roars through the heights; and having my soma under it; I had something more to take home.

As I laid down on my bed; watching the voluptuous full moon suspended in the dark; my roomie asked “Hey, how was your trip?”. Then, I guess, the remnant energy wasn’t perhaps sufficient to make the word incredible sound ‘Incredible’, but I had a great time. Obviously because it is the best time to visit Jog or probably its this wonderful group who took me along or may be I just want to think it is.

1 comment:

Buzz said...

Hey,
It was a real pleasure receiving your comment on my blog. You have a poetic charm in your writing. The way your writing glides smoothly, innocently yet profoundly leaves me spellbound.

I love each line you wrote in the above article. Especially, "the remnant energy wasn’t perhaps sufficient to make the word incredible sound ‘Incredible’"

Keep going. You have a great writer within you. :)