Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My love!


I remember the first time I saw her. The evening was hot and the inners wet. The Sun poured down sweat that precipitated on the cooler mortals. She stood in the corner of the dark room along with her other friends. She was different. She smelled different. I couldn’t help noticing her. At first from the corner of my eyes and then, inevitably staring at her. The mirror glare from the rider passing by disturbed her grace. She noticed me and broke my stare, threw my head down and filled me with guilt to the brim. I had no reason, why? I stared at the Taj Mahal much longer and nobody said a thing!

I was at the same place the next day. Maybe, it was just coincidence.  She was there too. None of us said a thing. I was there the next evening and perhaps the next one too until all it took was a simple handle- shake.
I don’t really remember much after that. The ride was always pretty smooth with her. I could never get bored. The feeling was always like the wind sweeping through my hair making curls and sweet subtle music as it sensitively touched my eardrum as it left softly brushing my pinna. She took me to new places, introduced me to new fellas. There was always something to do, something new. She rarely complained and though there were a few misunderstandings; the mechanic was not far away. 

She always farted silently. She was always very polite and waited patiently for me. She always took hours long to clean up but always looked prettier than the last time I saw her. She intimidated the other girls. Oh boy! You could tell! She could never bear thirst. You had to get her the drinks else she wouldn’t budge.
She needs to be treated more delicate than a flower. I feared every second if I would bruise her if I hit, any harder. But she could endure any pain, race any distance and a great opportunist. She never backed down. For her, stamina is nothing more than one extra foot when your heart is ‘one hundred percent exhausted’ and your mind says ‘no more’. Man! She is a winner. 

In the many years I have known her I could never tell how special she is to me, until now. You are a miracle. Happy anniversary Laura! You are the most wonderful thing anybody could ever own!
p.s. Laura is a bike.

No comments: