Thursday, June 10, 2010

Somewhere in the middle of Europe

No sooner the trip began, I lost the count of the days and nights. Then, one fine day after crossing five countries border to border, I pull out my hand from the warm pocket to count my fingers as I heard my neighbors on the bus discussing plans of return. I only thing that reminded me of the passing time was my faithful growing beard.


Each passing day got me more tired. Tired of giant price tags. Tired of meticulous marvels, surprises and cheap bargains with the blacks. Tired of low battery indicator beeping at the end of each tiring day and me running to fetch a travel adaptor only to lose more of the little permitted sleep. I blinked less too, I suppose, maybe I subconsciously couldn’t afford to miss any passing beauties. I never understood the reason we get tired after traveling for long hours though we do nothing. I wrote less and instead made many new friends.


So, at this saturation point, when the memory was low and surprises were not surprises anymore and your head is bursting with information like at the end of a 3-hour straight study session, I scribbled-

With so lil’ time in each place, you wish you didn’t know they existed rather than now knowing that you traveled a 5 thousand miles to miss something at some place you’ve been and probably will never be again!

3 comments:

Pranab Chatterjee said...

you crazy dude? enjoy the trip... some poor farts like me wish they had the time and the money to go border hopping like u! man i envy u. trust me, when u look back on this someday, u will surely be happy that u did it!!!!

why not add an email subscription link for lazy asses like me????

cheers
p

Raviteja said...

Ha ha! Sure. That was just a swing. You know, they, just happen sometimes. I didn't know anybody would be more interested to know more about this poor unknown soul. Thanks so much. I'll update the about me and my e-mail id.
Would love to hear from you. Thanks again! :)

Raviteja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.