Monday, May 10, 2010

A dam in the river Amstel. Euro Trip- Day 2

The people of Amsterdam are relaxed. Easy going. Chilled. They are spiritually inclined and they smoke weed.

- Michelle, The tour manager.



The world's legal capital, popular sex capital stormed with sex shops, vodka palaces, sex and cannabis museums; Amsterdam apart from all the hoax is in fact a charming place to lay the eyes upon.

The voyage on the cruise ship from London to Netherlands was brilliant, especially the variety of seafood, just the variety. Not the taste. I hardly felt the cruise liner move the entire night. The rare times it shook, all I had to remember was to stay calm and remind myself that it was an acceleration or a turn and not, not an earthquake.
I could hardy catch any sleep. I could hardly eat what I imagined to be the most delicious food as I boarded the flight in India. Although it tasted different and sometimes convincingly yummy, it was raw and mostly sugarless. The fish scales and fins were conspicuous and the name plated had no use except to help with the name of the species it belongs to. I chewed, swallowed and closed my eyes to recollect the taste. Lame.

I was spell bound as we entered Netherlands. It was very different from London and I hardly could believe that people actually live in a place (I didn’t spot many, either) with such green grass, colorful flowers, quacking ducks and houses far apart adjacent to lovely lakes and canals.
Where is the noise? At least, don’t the boats have engines? Actually, they don’t. They are electric. Don’t the vehicles have horns? Well. They don’t use them, either. Where, where is the pollution? Yeah, as many as 465,000 bicycles exist and as many as 54,000 bicycles get stolen in a year. Think B!KE.
It’s unbelievable, I know.

It may be used, as a synonym for heaven except it’s hard to imagine what would happen to such a low- lying land if Global Warming took a toll.
The trip to Keukenhof Tulip Gardens was spectacular too. The same descriptions of flower apply to all of them or maybe better. It’s the result of the finest deal between every possible color shade on a painter’s palette and the most intriguing genetic principles known to man. Indigestible.
The ferry will take you across many narrow leaning wooden houses, houseboats decorated aesthetically and large adorned windows that welcome the warm sunlight is a thought beyond geographical choices.


P.s. Of course, we spotted the same windmills, both, old and new.

1 comment:

Raviteja said...

I AMsterdam!
ha ha!
Anyway, Brussels, Belgium near to Amsterdam is a place with waffles and truffles and the Man Pekken and structures that doNOT fit in a single shot of your camera screen. Literally. LITERALLY.